This product has a 2-4 week lead time. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
Militech is a world leader in ballistic helmet manufacturing. They create some of the broadest variety of helmets using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes for both budget and performance capabilities.
We offer this helmet with 2 different ballistic shells.
UHMWPE- This is a cost-friendly shell with great weight savings. UHMWPE (Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight-Polyethylene) is a very versatile and light material used often in body armor manufacturing. This shell style is layers of UHMWPE that are heat-pressed into the shape of the helmet. The biggest downside of this helmet shell is the higher backface deformation (BFD) created upon impact. Compared to Aramid Fibers, UHMWPE has greater BFD. If you're looking for a lightweight helmet with reliable ballistic stopping capabilities and an amazing suspension system to replace your bump helmet, consider this shell!
Aramid- This shell is made of Aramid fibers sourced from Teijin Limited, the world's second-leading supplier of Aramid materials, based in the Netherlands. This shell is similarly pressed but with different thicknesses of materials, temperatures, and press times. Aramid offers better backface deformation protection against impacts compared to UHMWPE while only weighing a few ounces more than the UHMWPE helmet.
- Made of either UHMWPE or Teijin Aramid
- NIJ Level IIIA heavily tested helmet (The last 1-6 testing doc photos are Aramid shell test documents, and the last 7-9 photos are for the UHMWPE shell)
- Rail-set equipped for lights and cameras
- Velcro for infrared patches or lightweight attachments.
- MBS NVG mount for night-vision capabilities
- High-cut helmet style.
- Adjustable Chin Strap and internal tightening mechanism with a tightening wheel!
Medium helmets weigh roughly 3 lbs +-.5lbs depending on size.
Padding and suspension system
Gone are the old retention systems and in with the next generation of helmet retention. No more pressure spots on the back of your head!
The next-gen retention system utilizes a dial that easily locks into place, enabling swift and effortless adjustments. This system effectively stabilizes the helmet's weight by evenly distributing pressure around the head, creating a highly comfortable feel. Once you're ready to take the helmet off, simply pull the dial until it pops and it will instantly release all tension. It's quite satisfying!
The straps and chin cup are purposefully crafted to ensure a snug and comfortable fit for the wearer's face. The asymmetrical design of the system ensures that the buckle remains sleek and nestled along the jawline, while still maintaining a uniform and comfortable feel around the chin cup. Furthermore, the chin cup is lined to provide optimal comfort and prevent any discomfort or irritation, regardless of ambient temperature.
- Upgraded padding in the helmet for extra comfort (package includes 3 sets of pads so you can get the perfect fit)
- Lifetime warranty for any defects or breaks
4-Point Swift retention buckles for easy chin-strap adjustments
Choose your size!
Size M: Fits 21.7 - 22.8 inches head rim (55-58cm)
Size L: Fits 22.4 - 23.6 inches head rim (57-60cm)
Size XL: Fits 23.6 - 24.8 inches head rim (60-63cm)
How to Measure Your Head for a Ballistic Helmet:
- Get a Flexible Measuring Tape: This is usually a cloth or flexible plastic tape that can easily wrap around the curves of your head.
- Position the Tape: Place the end of the measuring tape in the middle of your forehead, slightly above your eyebrows. This is typically where the helmet's rim would sit.
- Wrap the Tape Around Your Head: Carefully wrap the tape around your head, making sure it passes over the most prominent part of the back of your head and back to the starting point. Ensure the tape is snug but not too tight.
- Read the Measurement: Take note of where the measuring tape overlaps with the starting end. This is the circumference of your head.
- Choose Your Helmet Size: Compare your measurement with the helmet size chart to determine which size fits your head best. If your measurement falls in between two sizes, it's usually advisable to go for the larger size for comfort.
Remember that proper fit is important for both comfort and safety, so take your time while measuring and consult the size chart. These helmets come with several extra padding pieces so go with the larger option if your head fits between sizes! <3